Happy Holidays from Joan Jett and Anderson Cooper!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

The perpetually awkward first post

Technically third, but I'm really not all that great with numbers.

Hola, me llama Lydia, and, as Georgia said, the weekends belong to me. So that's why I'm posting, in case you were wondering.

Yep, we're pretty up-to-it on pop culture. At least, we like to talk about, comment on, praise, and bash on music, news, books, fashion, film, television, trends, celebrity drama, etc. GA (don't you just love it?) posts Wednesdays, and I post on the weekend (for the week in review, sort of) save for breaking news or featured topics, which we will post whenever we jolly-well want to.

And so, without further delay, all the mishaps, mash-ups, and controversies of the week of 12-6 through 12-12, 2009:

Oh, dear!! Our (not) good friend, Miley Cyrus met the Queen. Of England. Wearing this?!



Chillins, she be seventeen-- and she be meetin' the Queen-- I'd really like to talk to the stylist who put her in this plunging number. In addition to Miley, Lady Gaga (heh) also met up with British Royalty-- is it just me, or have we made even bigger fools of ourselves across the pond in the past two years? I mean, first Obama presents Queen Elizabeth with an Ipod and now Miley Cyrus presents her with. . . boobs. Lovely.

In anticipation of their new flick, Remember Me, Pierce Brosnan (love him) said this of his co-star, Robert Pattinson (love him even more):

"He's really working hard to work on his performance and acting and who he is."
and
"I think when you see Remember Me, you'll see Robert giving a fantastic performance."


Can I just say how extremely excited I am for this movie? Extremely. There. I did.

Rob's former gig, the Harry Potter films, debuted the sixth installment on DVD this past Tuesday-- and yes, I already have mine. According to the popular Wizarding fansite, mugglenet.com, more than 840000 copies the first day. That movie was boss, and I'm pretty stoked about its reception.
Georgia, do you remember when we saw that? Of course you do. People, we saw the midnight premiere and we made tee shirts. No joke. They were boss. Pretty much.

And on that note, I leave you for the foreseeable future. . . until next week.

--Lots of havoc and joy,
Lydia, profesh bloggerista

No comments:

Post a Comment