Happy Holidays from Joan Jett and Anderson Cooper!

Try JibJab Sendables® eCards today!

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

It’s My First Post!

Hello, it’s me. Georgia. Tonight is Wednesday night, when you will see myself working on popular culture highlights of the weekdays.

My first highlight?

A big controversy is sparking up because of this:

I personally LOVE this commercial. I think it's adorable.

But many moms (and other people for that matter) do not think it's so adorable. Many see this commercial as "provocative", even though these girls are 7-10 years old. They see it as Gap pushing these girls to grow up much too fast. True, I don't think they should be wearing mini skirts and tights at their age. The way I see it, they should still wear those frilly dresses. I'm in high school, and I still wear frilly dresses. So they're saying that they want to go beyond the "little girl dresses" (even though they are little girls) and into what Gap has to offer. I think those Gap outfits are too darn cute. So colorful. I can see how it can make girls see girls their age "growing up too fast", but provocative?

For more on this point of view, see this article.

-Georgia

No comments:

Post a Comment